What To Do If You Have Water Damage

August 22nd, 2012

Water damage can be a scary thing especially if you have never experienced it before. Living in states where it rains a great deal makes it a more common issue than in states where it rains much less. Whether you are a new home owner or a seasoned home owner, you can expect to have some type of water issue in the life of your home. Water mains break, toilets get clogged, gutters don’t get cleaned, fires happen and so will water damage.

Its important to stay calm and know that you can always repair damage caused by water. Obviously if the water has damaged pictures or material items that mean something, its harder to replace or repair those items. This is why you should never leave boxes in your crawl space, basement or attic. These three places are the most common places where water damage happens. A roof leaks, the first place the water will travel is through your attic. Your gutters get clogged or water builds up near your foundation, it will eventually work its way down into your basement or crawl space.

water damage seattle roofIf you notice water in places it should not be, contact your local water damage specialist immediately. They will know how to handle the situation and most likely will be able to fix the issues that are causing water to pool where it shouldn’t be. In states like Seattle Washington, where it rains more than many other major cities, water damage can happen more frequently. Not only does it rain a great deal, but wind storms and rain storms can really pound a roof. Eventually the water will find its way into the attic and then down into the home or even office building.

Our friends at Water Damage Seattle WA have experienced it all. Everything from rainstorms, 90 mph wind storms, broken pipes, clogged drains and even fires. After a house fire, if the house isn’t completely destroyed will have some form of water damage and that will depend on how much water was used to put out the fire. As you can see, no one is immune to this form of damage to their property. The only thing a person can do is hope that they are prepared when the water strikes.

If you live within the Seattle Metro area and need a water damage specialist, then get a hold of Water Damage Seattle located at 1200 Westlake Avenue N. Ste 1006 Seattle, WA 98109 or call them at (206) 745-4750 for help!